Decision Management Solutions is growing and looking for a Delivery Manager for its projects.
The Delivery Manager will be an experienced hybrid agile project manager and will be responsible for managing several concurrent, discipline based, high visibility projects using agile, and fixed milestone methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple internal business divisions and services engagements. They will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability. They will use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort and will achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- Deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users
- Achieve a high level of performance and quality, and
- Further the delivery of discipline and supporting methodologies
Essential Job Requirements
- Project Planning and Management
Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects. Interface with project operations to ensure up to date budgeting and finical reporting
- Product Owner Support
Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Discipline Management and Improvement
Define and manage a well-defined project management discipline and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team Building
Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Experience working on delivery with a specific discipline & methodology e.g. BPM, DMN, Six sigma etc. is preferred
- Experience contributing or strengthening delivery components of a discipline methodology is preferred
If you are interested, please send a resume or LinkedIn profile link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a few sentences to answer each of the following questions in your email:
- Transparency and business control are important benefits of Decision Management Solutions’ projects. Why do you think our clients value transparency and control?
- How do you think building models of requirements rather than writing long documents changes project management, if at all?
- Many of our projects are timeboxed and fixed price. How would you manage scope and client expectations in such a project