Live Workshop in association with DecisionCAMP 2017
July 11, London – Birkbeck College
James Taylor and Jan Purchase, authors of “Real World Decision Modeling with DMN” are proud to announce that they are co-hosting a Masterclass on Decision Modeling in association with DecisionCAMP 2017, 11 July 2017 in London.
Decision modeling with the Decision Model and Notation (DMN) standard is fast becoming the definitive approach for sustained business engagement, improved traceability and flexible and analytic enterprise applications. This workshop will drill into five key aspects of decision modeling, sharing best practices and tips from real projects to help develop your decision modeling and DMN skills. Time will also be set aside to talk about the topics you care about – attendees can submit questions or topics in advance and time is reserved in the schedule to answer these questions and make suggestions in response. Plus you get a great opportunity to interact with your peers in the decision modeling community.
The event is aimed at practitioners of decision modeling and those that are considering introducing, or preparing to introduce, it to their organization. Delegates from all business domains are welcome. Every delegate should have at least some exposure to the concepts of the decision model and notation (DMN) although they need not be experts or experienced modelers.
Delegates will learn:
- How to Make it Happen: the key corporate objections to using decision modeling and how to overcome them
- Important Lessons from Successful Projects: how to maximize the benefits of decision modeling to deliver tangible business benefits
- The Pitfalls to Avoid: the top 3 mistakes and how to avoid them
- How to Deliver Value Early and Continuously: an agile (and Agile) method for decision modeling
- Techniques for Promoting Technology Integration: how to use decision modeling to integrate decision technologies – BRMS, advanced analytics and more
- Answers to their Own Questions: pose a question when you register or anytime before the event and we will address it in the masterclass
All delegates attending the masterclass will get a free signed copy of our book “Real World Decision Modeling with DMN” and priority booking for a Decision Management Project Q&A on July 12.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from and exchange ideas with your peers at the vanguard of decision modeling.
- The day assumes a basic knowledge of decision modeling and DMN. You need not be an experienced decision modeler but you should be familiar with the terms and the notation.
The workshop will not provide an introduction to the notation or its core concepts.
- The workshop will begin promptly at 09:00, there will be a break for lunch and the event will conclude by 17:30.
- The class will be held in the Clore Management Centre at Birkbeck College, in Room CLO 101
- Address: Clore Management Centre (Birbeck College), Torrington Square, London WC1
- Cancellation Policy: Registrations may be canceled up to 1 week in advance of the class. A 15% administrative fee will be retained if you choose to cancel. To cancel, please contact us.
Pricing and Registration
|Non Delegate||Conference Delegate|
|Super Early Bird||31-Mar-17||£595||$730||£550||$670|
- To register, please send us your name, company and email
- Please send us questions you would like us to address in the workshop
- Let us know at email@example.com if you would like to schedule a specific Q&A session on July 12 to focus on your particular project
- The workshop assumes a basic knowledge of decision modeling and DMN. You need not be an experienced decision modeler but you should be familiar with the terms and the notation.
- Places will be awarded on a first come, first served basis
Decision Management Project Q&A
As part of the precursor to the DecisionCAMP 2017 conference, James Taylor and Jan Purchase will be hosting a series of Decision Management Project Q&A sessions on the morning of July 12, 2017.
This is an opportunity for attendees to discuss specific challenges, problems and questions that their decision management project is facing in a complimentary, private face-to-face meeting with James and Jan. Each session lasts 45 minutes and is booked on a first come, first served basis. Priority will be given to attendees of our decision modelling masterclass.
These sessions can be used to discuss:
- How to establish a decision management competency in your organization
- How to prepare for your first project
- How to overcome problems in your current project(s)
- How to overcome architectural, technology and tool selection challenges
- Any other decision management project issue you have
Book your free slot today! Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend
- Business analysts tasked with capturing and structuring requirements.
- Managers responsible for working with business rules and analytic technologies.
- Business owners looking to make their business applications and reporting more agile and adaptable.
- Subject Matter Experts responsible for documenting complex and evolving business rules.
- Enterprise and Technical Architects developing business architecture models.
- Technology experts who wish to build systems and processes that fully leverage the capabilities of business rules and related analytic technologies.
- Data analysts working on business intelligence or other analytic projects.
James is the CEO of Decision Management Solutions. James is passionate about helping organizations use decision management and decision modeling to improve business requirements for agile, analytic, and adaptive business processes and systems. James has spent the last 20 years developing approaches, tools, and platforms that others can use to build more effective information systems. He has led Decision Management efforts for leading companies in insurance, banking, health management, manufacturing, travel, and telecommunications.
Jan has been working in investment banking for 19 years, the last 13 of which he has focused exclusively on helping clients structure their requirements and automate their financial processing with business decision management, decision modelling, business rules management and business process modelling. He is a founder of Lux Magi Financial Rules, a company specializing in delivering, training and mentoring all of these concepts to financial organizations. Lux Magi has been applying business decision modelling and rules to the automation of financial processing and regulatory compliance for over 14 years.