Our experience with decision modeling with the Decision Model and Notation (DMN) standard is broad and deep. We have trained nearly 1,000 people and we have used decision modeling on dozens of real-world projects. Decision modeling is the cornerstone of decision automation projects like Fraud Detection, Claims Handling and Customer Next Best Action. Decision models define how, where and why to use predictive analytics, AI, business rules, machine learning, optimization and decision support in a single, easy to understand, graphical decision model. Here are five benefits of decision modeling to consider for your decision automation projects:
- Decision modeling is much faster than traditional approaches, with clients telling us that in one hour we developed an understanding of the problem “that would have taken 10”.
- Business SMEs participate more fully in decision modeling. Our experience is that SMEs get so engaged in the decision modeling session that they start freeing up their schedule so they can participate more!
- Decision modeling clarifies the real requirements for data and logic in a decision. So much so that we regularly hear from experienced SMEs that they learn something from building the model. Some client training departments are now using the decision model to train people.
- Human and automated decisions can be modeled together so you can use decision modeling when dealing with any kind of data and any kind of decision. That makes it easy to adopt as part of your standard approach.
- Business users can clearly express the business problem and share this with others, making it easy to get agreement and discussion about reuse and common/shared decision-making, well before implementation, averting many potential deployment roadblocks.
We are helping Fortune and Global 500 organizations successfully deliver their decision automation programs including Customer Next Best Action, Claims Handling and Fraud Detection by delivering a working pilot in 8-10 weeks.
Contact us to learn more. We are always happy to schedule a free one-hour consultation to share our experience and answer your questions.